星期二, 4月 21, 2009

A sample cover letter in 1993



-->

1105 Bladerusted Rd
Chicago, Illinois 60614
May 7, 1993
Ms. Willa Caruther, Employment Supervisor
Cornwell, McCormick, and Drake
Certified Public Accountants
409 Third Avenue
New York, New York 10017


Dear Ms. Caruther:

I would like to apply for the position of junior accountant specializing in retail practice that you advertised in today’s New York Times. The enclosed resume gives details on my background and experience, showing my qualifications for the position you describe. I can think of nothing better than launching my career with a firm as fine as Cornwell, McCormick, and Drake.



My two years in the accounting department of a large retail chain have given me complete familiarity with accounting requirements of retail businesses, and I have written many letters and reports of the types you mention in your advertisement. I also played an active role in assisting our auditors in performing two annual audits, so I am thoroughly familiar with current audit procedure.

I have enjoyed my work during the past tow years and intend to make my career in accounting. I am leaving my present position because opportunities are limited in so small an office. In addition I wish to broaden my knowledge of accounting practice and qualify as a CPA, so I can move ahead in the field as far as my talents permit.

If you wish, I shall ask Prairie State to forward my undergraduate transcript as soon as I complete my final semester’s work ten days from now. I believe it will show that I have taken all the accounting courses offered at Prairie State and have never received any grade but “A” in all 32 credits. If you wish to write to any of my employers or teachers for personal evaluation, please do so. They have all indicated their willingness to supply evaluations of my qualifications.
Sincerely yours,




Jane Marquesee

沒有留言:

張貼留言