星期一, 8月 01, 2011

Thank you, My Crazy Head Ana (Part 2)

Soon after my arrival to home, my little wings have been ripped down and flushed to an eternal shit hole. Ana came to my rescue. 

(image by chi, video in Mexico, 2001)

She offered me a working opportunity in Mexico City. Though I had to carry the tremendous guilt to South America, I found my way to paradise. 

Tequila, real authentic tacos, fresh chilies and cactus sang with lime. Though the air was thickened by pollution, it smelled of beer. 

I edited the performance video at Ana's apartment. We toured the piece with the musicians. Ana even let me go to her doctor to work out my guilt. I also got to meet her colorful family. (very interesting and kind people!!) 

She took me to museums, movies, ice cream shops, family meeting, and their summer house. It was a little too queer for me to connect all these events to reality. After the job, I also made a "Petroushka" video at her place. In short, she supported me both mentally and financially. I had the privilege at that time to work on my art without worrying about practical things.

(image by chi, a small village in Mexico, 2001)

It was such a shame that I didn't fully realize how much Ana had done for me at that time. Instead I let my demons raise and bite off our friendship. Though it wasn't exactly the same cause, but similar resentment swam in when I visited her in New York. 

(image by chi, Petroushka video, 2001)

Though I probably didn't make any progress since but if there's anyone I need to thank for before I die . . . Ana is definitely among the top 3. 

Ana, my most precious crazy head, I want to thank you for helping me. Thank you for believing in me and supporting me like no one else . . .  Thank you for being so generous. Thank you for being honest and said what you really meant. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! T_T


more:

感謝函: Thank You, My Crazy Head Ana Martinez (Part 1)

沒有留言:

張貼留言